As a business Adam Gas Services aspires to be totally aware of how much energy it uses, we plan to continue reducing our carbon footprint and securing high profile new business with the help of our credentials in climate change. Staff are expected to implement the environmental policy - which they understand and our carbon reduction goals are reflected not only in our work but our behaviour around the office and when making business and personal decisions. Staff are encouraged to 'champion' the policy keep the ideas flowing and communication clear between each other on carbon related issues.
We are commited to:
- Increase the use of green electricity and promote micro-generation.
- Minimise energy use wherever possible.
- Continual improvement on environmental issues where economically feasible.
- Control the activities of the company to minimise risk of pollution to the environment.
- Minimise the production of waste where possible and any disposal of waste produced will be carried out with due care for the environment.
- Minimise the use of new products where other recycled materials are a suitable substitute.
- Make every effort to ensure that where waste materials or products can be recycled they are recycled in an environmentally responsible way in order to conserve resources.
- Ensure that our operations comply with or exceed current legislation and other relevant requirements.
- Be a responsible employer and neighbour.
- Ensure that all employees carry out their duties in line with the above statement and, through training, are aware of their obligations.
- Minimise the use of mobile phones and monitor existing use.
- Compile and keep publicly available this Company Environmental Policy.
- Virtually every sheet of A4 is used twice before recycling
- Low energy light bulbs are in use wherever possible
- We recycle our printer cartridges wherever possible
- We communicate with our customers via email
- We promote behavior and culture change within our company and support and encourage our staff to be resource aware.
Carbon reduction goals are:
- To use 100% renewable electricity
- To be aware of exactly the amount of energy our business uses currently and where it is being used
- Identify current 'Green' activities, successes and accreditations
- To create an environmental policy with clear goals and milestones
- Promote the environmental policy with all employees to ensure implementation
- Appropriate communication of our green credentials and successes to various stakeholders and clients