The safety of our staff and customers is paramount which is why, as we continue to provide an emergency service across Scotland, all of our team is following the Government recommendations in respect of social distancing and PPE. For your peace of mind please see the below measures we have put in place to help limit the spread of the virus. Up to date Information from NHS Scotland & Scottish Government can be found here.
Public Protection Equipment (PPE)
All of our engineers have been fully equipped with the following PPE within their vans to ensure that for every visit new PPE is used.
- Face Masks
- Disposable Gloves
To ensure excellent hygiene standards are maintained, every Adam Gas van has its own hand washing basin. All engineers also carry alcohol-based hand sanitisers. Our engineers have been briefed about the importance of cleanliness and adhere to the guidance set out by the World Health Organisation, which includes:
- Regularly washing hands
- Avoiding to touch face and mouth
- When coughing or sneezing to cover mouth and nose with a tissue or flexed elbow and then to immediately dispose of the tissue into a bin and then wash hands
- To contact NHS 111 if they have any Covid-19 related symptoms.
When making a booking, our call centre team will need to ask if you or any household member is self-isolating or has been diagnosed with Covid-19. This is to ensure your safety, the safety of our engineers, and to help limit the spread of the virus.
Five Steps to Safer Working Together
- We have carried out a risk assessment and shared the results with the people who work here
- We have cleaning, hand washing, and hygiene procedure in line with guidance
- We have taken all reasonable steps to help people work from home
- We have taken all reasonable steps to maintain a 2m distance in the workplace
- Where people cannot be 2m apart, we have done everything practical to manage transmission risk